Ardmore Farm is located in southeast Georgia’s beautiful Effingham County only 9 miles from the county seat, Springfield, 24 miles from Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport, and 25 miles from Savannah, 26 miles from Statesboro, less than 50 miles from Georgia’s coast, and some 55 miles from Hilton Head Island, SC.
Ardmore, once a thriving railroad community known for its cane syrup and pine resin, was at its peak in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. The original farm comprised some 250 acres but over the last few years the current owner has added over 100 acres by purchasing contiguous parcels. The property and its picturesque equestrian setting are second to none in southeast Georgia.
After a fire destroyed the main house in 2005, the owners hired an architect who meticulously designed a new, larger home with the same charm and character of the original home. Great efforts were made to keep the home’s original design and southern charm but updating its utility to accommodate 21st century living.
Ardmore Farm offers a myriad of improvements including a 4322 heated sq. ft. farm house built in 2007, original horse barn and stable, an additional 12 stall barn/stable built in 1998, a riding ring, an 1800 heated sq. ft. guest log home and a 1358 heated sq. ft. additional guest house. Please view our extensive list of the many other improvements and their details shown as additional features.
The unique layout of this property includes paved road frontage along several roads. Ardmore is tucked neatly away but still within view of GA. Hwy. 21, one of the key highways in Georgia’s developmental highway system. The main home and grounds and a majority of the improvements lie at the center of this property adjacent to a 9 acre pecan orchard. Some fifteen fields varying in sizes comprise approximately 138 acres of cultivated land, hay field and pasture. The balance of the acreage is in various stages of natural and planted pine with substantial timber value.
Cultivated field and pastures 138 acres
Natural Woodland 98 acres
Planted Pine ( 24 yrs. old)) 92 acres
Homesites 13 acres
Pecan Orchard 9 acres
Fish Pond 1 acre
Total Acres 352 acres
This private, extremely diverse property offers the homeowner/investor, a plantation atmosphere with natural beauty, serenity and peace of mind knowing it is located close to a rapidly growing areas. The scope of improvements provides ample opportunity for several families to consider this plantation life setting a home. Additionally, the property could be easily subdivided to accommodate a conservation community should this need be desired. A game management plan could be designed to offer additional hunting opportunities for the upland hunter including deer, Bob White Quail, turkey and dove. A greater home and opportunity is not available anywhere in the area at this price!
Owner will consider financing for qualified individuals. He may possibly consider selling larger tracts separately.
The information provided herein was gathered from sources deemed reliable but, is no way guaranteed by Land Unlimited, Inc. or its representatives.
Improvements and Property Features
Main Farm House
- Custom designed farm house built in 2007
- 4322 heated sq. ft.
- Framed construction and brick underpinning
- 50 year standing seam metal roof
- 5 bedrooms
- 4 full baths and 2 half baths
- Formal dining room
- Living room w/fireplace, built in desk, shelves entertainment center with surround sound
- Exposed beam ceiling in living room
- Kitchen w/soap stone counter tops and island bar w/sitting area
- Large walk-in pantry w/slide out drawers
- Stainless steel appliances
- Beautiful heart pine flooring throughout home including kitchen, but excluding baths, laundry and mudroom w/half bath which are ceramic tile
- Master and one additional bedroom on first floor
- Large custom closet system
- 2 vanities
- Jetted tub and marble shower in Master
- Walk in cedar closet
- Study/den has wood walls and ceiling (pine) and fireplace
- 10 ft. ceilings down stairs
- Unique design provides for abundance of storage space upstairs
- Numerous features throughout the house replicate the original 19th century home
- Audio system throughout first floor and porches
- Wired for high speed internet
- 3 car detached carport and storage
- 1086 sq. ft. of porches (418 sq. ft. screened)
- Wrap around front porch w/fans
- Rear screened porch with side porches
Guest Log Home
- Built 1998
- 1800 heated sq. ft.
- 1750 sq. ft. decking and porches with gazebo
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 full baths
- Eat in kitchen
- Wood floors, ceilings and walls
- Exposed beams
- Gas Fireplace
- Cathedral ceilings in living room and others
- Dining room and sunroom
Historic Mercer House Second Guest Home
- Wood frame farm house built 1912 and recently renovated
- 1358 heated sq. ft.
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bath
- Living room
- Large front porch
- Various storage buildings outside
- Pecan trees in the yard
- Great privacy located at the end of Old Dixie Hwy. South
Original Horse Barn
- Frame construction with metal roof
- 3384 sq. ft.
- 10 stalls
- Tack room
- Hay storage on second level
- Concrete floors
- Barn has its own well for water
- Wash down area for horses
- Small office
Newer Horse Barn
- Frame construction with metal roof and vinyl siding built in 1998
- 4200 sq. ft.
- 12 stalls
- Wash down area for horses
- Adjacent paddocks
- Several storage shelters adjacent
- Dog kennel 1080 ft.
- Six deep wells
- Manager’s mobile home
- Pole shelter
- Five small pump houses and storage sheds
- Five paddocks located near original barn
- Small pond near home
- Large riding ring for horses with crushed stone base
- Decorative white board fencing around home and original barn
- Numerous large pecan trees near home
- Fruit trees and grape arbor
- Small hen house
- Original smoke house now a gym adjacent to main home
- Pecan orchard, 70 mature trees, blueberry bushes, fig and apple trees