Price Per Acre: $2,248
Total Acres: 1176.61
Current Zoning: Agri
Type: Georgia Listings
Location: 9005 NEWINGTON HWY Georgia, 30467
Price: USD $ 2,645,000
This unique recreational property fronts along Ga. Hwy. 24 on the west and its eastern boundary is the Savannah River with approximately 3500 ft. frontage. Sylvania, Ga, the county seat, is approximately 18 miles northeast, Statesboro, 35 miles west and Savannah approximately 48 miles south. Plantation Airpark with a 5000 ft. paved runway is about 9 miles away and the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport is some 42 miles south.
The property was originally developed around 2007 as a commercial hunting operation for upland wing shooting, deer and turkey hunting is like no other in the area. The current owner is presently enjoying the property as a private estate. Two shelters, one with concrete flooring and lighting that originally housed skeet and trap operations are located near the lodge. A sporting clays range that was a part of the original layout and structures are still in place. The skeet/trap throwers and night lighting for shooting are available through former owner and can be bought separately. The unique rolling topography and bluffs associated with the Savannah River Basin adds an interesting dimension to recreational enjoyment of the property. The property hosts some 900 plus acres of pine upland with approximately 250 acres of hardwood type land along the river. Substantial timber value is on most of the uplands with portions very open to accommodate quail hunting. An all-weather road system with signage provides good access throughout property. Quality built improvements necessary for a first-class hunting and recreational property are listed and described below.
Unique V-Shaped Cypress Frame Structure approx. 2550 sq. ft. (Cypress exterior, interior & ceilings)1 bedroom 2 baths, spacious modern kitchen, dining room, great room w/ stone fireplace and 24 vaulted ft. ceilings in game room. Oak and some ceramic tile floors are throughout with carpet flooring in bedroom for warmth. A porch, partially glassed, lies adjacent to the game room and dining area provides views of the property.
Cabins (4 total all identical):
• Frame structures approximately 600 sq. ft each (wood inside and out like main lodge)
• 1 bedroom, 1 bath, kitchenette with wood and stone flooring.
• Front porches on each
• Indoor Archery Range/ Dining Hall
• Insulated finished metal building 120’ X 36’ w/stamped stamped concrete floor
• Central Heat and air
• 35 yd. archery range
• Men’s & Ladies Bathroom
• Office/ Storage building
• Frame 24’ X 32’ Heated and cooled
• Men & women’s bathroom
• Frame 24’ X 32’ attached shelter
• Target Ranges (2 shelters)
• (1) Frame Shelter, tin roof, 14’ X 60’ w/ Metal trusses concrete floor
• (2) Frame Shelter, tin roof 10’ X 60’ gravel floor
• Lighting & set up for 5 stand clays and wobble trap
• Lighting available for night shooting
• Equipment Shelters (2)
• Frame 24’X 24’ each
• Metal trusses
• Tin roof
• Electricity & Water
• Game Cleaning Shelter
• Frame 22’ X 22’ w/ tin roof, concrete floor & metal trusses
• Electrical and water
• Dog Kennel Shelter
• Frame 24’ X 48’ tin roof, concrete floor, & metal trusses
• Electrical and water
• Additional Features and Equipment
• 10- Elevated 3D Archery stands for outdoor competition or practice
• 6- Texas Hunter 16’ stands (seats two people)
• 4- Stevie Deer stands (seats 2-3 people)
• Numerous feeders located about the property.
• Skeet/trap equipment & night lighting (available for purchase through former owner)
• Quail Flight Pen
• Frame housing and netted flight pen area 50’ X 110’
• Electrical and water
Tucked quietly away on the Savannah River less than an hour from Savannah and only ninety minutes from Hilton Head Island South Carolina is this opportunity not afforded many. Already set up for hunting season and suitable to enjoy for other occasions the property lends itself to a myriad of uses all centered around fun and the great outdoors. Wild hogs can be hunted year-round and of course deer, turkey, and ducks are abundant for the hunter enthusiast. Quail hunting is easily available with release- birds to assure good hunts at the owner’s leisure. In off-season while not being used for hunting the property could host archery competitions, weddings, family reunions, camping events or other private gatherings.
Close to civilization so you get there in minutes but private enough to escape the busyness of today’s life. You bring the people the property provides the fun!
This turn-key operation is offered complete with appliances, furnishings, right on down to the linens in both main lodge and cabins. The tractor and mower, are included as well. The total package, ready to hunt and enjoy is reasonably priced in today’s market for;